Showing legislative path of bills – from proposals, through changes and votings, to actual use.
The purpose is to show the complete legislative path:
- legislative footprint from the first proposal, through legislative process in parliament, enriched with reported lobbying contacts;
- visualisation of legislation and its’ changes;
- use of legislation in practice (in courts, inspection services and administrative decisions).
It is also full-fledged parliamentary monitoring tool – presenting MPs, debates, votings, court cases, etc.
Data is scraped or manually entered (scans in PDFs).
- database of proposed legislation (95-97% of legislation is proposed by the government)
- database of adopted legislation
- reported lobbying contacts
- adoption of legislation process (legislative procedure phases), including parliamentary discussions and votings
- data about members of parliament
- court decisions
- criminal statistics, inspection statistics
- visualizations: ie. similirality graphs of MPs based on their votings and lobbying contacts
- automatically highlights whether there has been a breach of Resolution on normative activities (this one represents a minimum standard of public consultation and openness of the legislative process, ie. it requires a minimum 30-day public debate on all new legislation).